History of TNTP

 History of Tanjung Puting National Park (TNTP)
Overview of the history of TNTP

Originally TNP is a place which provide for wild animals, which is set by the Royal Government Kotawaringin through "Zelbestuur Van Kotawaringin" number 24 dated June 13, 1936, by virtue of the subsequent decision of the Governor-General of Dutch Colonial (Statute Van Netherlands Indies) number 39 dated August 18, 1937 is set as the Wildlife (Wildreservaat) Sampit.
In the year 1969/1974 in Sampit Wildlife Refuge boundary demarcation team by the name of Tanjung Puting Wildlife, approved by the Director General of Forestry On May 12, 1977. In broad set the Tanjung Puting Wildlife Refuge by the Minister of Agriculture. 43/Kpts/Dj/1978 dated 8 April 1978 covering an area of ​​270 040 ha to 138 860 ha details Kotawaring located in the West and 131 180 ha located on the East Kotawaringin (now District Seruyan).
In 1977 UNESCO set Likes Margasawta Tanjung Puting as "BIOSPHERE RESERVE" program in collaboration with MAB (Man and Biosphere).

On October 14, 1982, the statement of the Minister of Agriculture No.736/Mentan/X/1982, Tanjung Puting Wildlife Refuge is set as one of the candidates as a National Park in Indonesia. PHKA channeled through Decree No. DG. 46/Kpts/VI-Sek/84 dated 11 November 1984 set the Work Area Technical Implementation Unit (UPT).

Based on the Decree of the Minister of Forestry. 678/Kpts-II/1996, dated October 25, 1996 about the change function and designation of forest areas are located in the District of West Kotawaringin and District II Kotawaringin Tertiary East, Central Kalimantan province covering an area of ​​415 040 ha, consisting of the Tanjung Puting Wildlife Refuge area 300,040 ha, 90,000 ha of production forest and water areas covering 25,000 ha to name deangan National Park Tanjung Puting National Park.

Now the management of TNTP, done by the Center Unit by Ministry of Forestry decree No. TNTP. P 03/Menhut-II/2007 about the organizational structure of National Park Authority.

TNTP is included in the government administration and the West Kotawaringin Seruyan District, Central Kalimantan. Geographically, TNTP is situated between 2 ◦ 35 'LS-2 ◦ 20' S and 111 ◦ 50'BT-112 ◦ 15'BT. Kawasanya covers most of the alluvial swampy peninsula between the Gulf of Kumai and River Seruyan and limited by Sekonyer River in the north, the Java Sea from the West and South, as well as aid within the limits between 5-10 km of river in eastern Seruyan.

 Kumai City
Kumai is one of two ports of passengers and goods, the port called Port Commander North, and also the entrance of the sea route connecting Central Kalimantan to Java and other islands in Indonesia.
Kumai is the gateway to the Tanjung Puting National Park.

Seonyer River Estuary
Crocodile River was the original name of the river Sekonyer, Sekonyer is taken from the name of a ship that is: Sikunir, the original name of the ship, the Malay language be changed by Sekonyer.

Tanjung Harapan
Name Tanjung Harapan taken from the name of the farmer groups darii Hamlet Sekonyer River. In 1968 Hamlet at the passes into a village and led by a village chief named Mr. M.Thaib Tabri up in 1978. The village is directly adjacent to the area of ​​Tanjung Puting National Park.

Pesalat is set as a center for Conservation and Environmental Education. This area was once the former community garden, where it is also built where Camping Ground.

Pondok Tanggui
Historical Pondok Tanggui name, taken from the natural psychic phenomena by some actors of history. Occurred in the year 1942 - 1945 in the Japanese colonial period. And until now often seen strange creatures like humans, sitting by wearing Tanggui (Tanggui = conical hat).

Pondok Ambung
Pondok Ambung has accommodation facilities for researchers. TNTP Hall which was a collaboration with OF-UK (Orangutan Foundation United Kingdom)

Nurisam Lake
Nurisam Lake is a seasonal lake, aka emerge during the rainy season, and also a place to sleep for travelers in klotok (Boat). The lake is not far from Camp Leakey. In this lake many activities of wild animals that we can see. The lake is also often used alligator basking in the dry season.

Camp Leakey
In 1971, a mahasisawa UniverCity UNCLA Los Angeles (USA) named Birutte Galdikas and her husband Rod Brindamour (with the support of the Directorate General of Forestry PPA is now the Ministry of Forestry's Directorate General PHKA). Doing research on orangutan at Camp Wilkey (now Camp Leakey). Leakey name is taken from the name of a Paleoantropogist of Kenya, Louis Leakey (Galdikas Prof.Birutte teacher)

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar